Christmas Day Movies
The Yuletide spirit has motivated film makers to make some of the best Hollywood Christmas movies, from the hilarious Santa to the mawkish flicks. Enumerated below are some of the best Christmas day movies.
Christmas Movie List:
- The Santa Clause (1994): In this comedy, a common man transforms into Santa and then a series of comic scenarios takes place as he moves to North Pole.
- Reindeer Games (2000): In this snowy thriller the actor Ben Affleck robs casinos decked as the Father Christmas.
- Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence: The film revolves around a Japanese camp during the World War II. In this film a memorable Christmas Eve has a profound impact on the guards and the prisoners.
- Joyeux Noel (2005): This comedy features ceasefire and truce between the German and the French soldiers.
- Christmas in Connecticut (1945): This is a lovely comedy in which, the actress Barbara Stanwyck is an unmarried food writer living in New York. Her columns about her fictitious Connecticut farm-owner husband and baby are admired by all. Her boss and publisher Alexander Yardley is not aware of this charade and request Barbara to host a Christmas dinner, for war hero Jefferson Jones and Barbara goes back to Connecticut and marries a friend whom she does not love and many romantic complications takes place.
- The Polar Express (2004): This animation film directed by Robert Zemeckis features Tom Hanks in an array of roles including the train conductor, Santa Claus and the narrator. The film exhibits amazing special effects.
- A Christmas Story (1983): This film is set against a suburban setting and it is the story about a boy who desires a BB gun as a Christmas gift.
- The Hioliday (2006): In this feel good comedy American woman, Camaron Diaz swaps house with Kate Winslet. Camaron finds Jude Law at the quaint cottage and Kate Winslet finds Jack Blake at Hollywood’s mansion gates.
- The Family Stone (2005): this is a comedy drama directed and written by Thomas Bezucha. In this comedy a traditionalist entrepreneur visits a family Christmas bash at her boyfriend’s house and realizes she is a total misfit in the family.
That sums up the list of Hollywood Christmas movies that are worth a watch.