An Easy, Simple yet Affordable DIY Guide for Paper Christmas Tree!
It’s Christmas finally! Decorating home with a paper Christmas tree can be the most affordable way to create a festive atmosphere around. Not only the paper Christmas tree DIY activity is simple, but you get a beautiful tree at the end with lots of fun! Here is our guide to children and adults both on how to make paper Christmas tree for Xmas 2016!
- Green construction paper (or any color you like)
- Clear tape
- A marker
- Decorations for your tree; colored paper, stickers, glitter, ribbon, confetti, etc
- Craft glue or glue dots to stick the decorations
- A hot glue gun and glue stick to attach the topper (optional)
- Cut two similar tree shapes out of the paper. Start by stacking two sheets of constructional paper & folding them in half. Draw a half tree shape using a market on the exterior of the paper. Finally, cut along the drawn lines through both sheets of paper. Now you’ll get two identical tree shapes
- Cut the slits in tree-shape for joining them together. First of all, find and mark the vertical middle point of each tree by folding in half, then slightly fold or mark the center. Now, cut a slit in one tree from the top down to the middle mark, and cut a slit in the other one from the bottom up to the middle.
- Now join the two shapes and make a tree. Slide the two pieces all along the slits so that the center points match. Take a few pieces of clear tape at the top and bottom of the tree to hold in firmly and together. Now, fold the tree open so that it may stand on its own.
- Have fun decking up your Christmas tree! Use sparklers, ribbons, thread, or any other decoration to spruce up your Xmas tree!